7 months ago
We need your help to assist in raising the funds that allow Malaria No More UK to deliver its vital work - helping accelerate the end of the world's oldest and deadliest disease.
If you're looking for a chance to kick-start your career in fundraising whilst contributing to an ambitious, passionate organisation with a bold mission that gets things done, then this opportunity is for you. You will be working directly with our small fundraising team of three, undertaking a varied range of tasks including research, writing, communicating with supporters, producing materials and providing administrative support where needed.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
These will vary according to the needs of the team but are likely to include:
- Researching potential partners, supporters and opportunities using information gathered through desk based research and telephone enquiries.
- Writing fundraising copy for the charity's website and social media
- Creating and updating fundraising materials and supporting in the production of proposals.
- Data Entry/general admin support
- Helping communicate with supporters
What you will gain from the role:
- You will gain an insight into the work of an ambitious, high impact global health advocacy organisation, and specific experience in charity fundraising and partnerships.
- A chance to develop your research, writing and workplace skills.
- The opportunity to play a role in the global movement to help end malaria deaths.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
What type of person will you be?
- Able to hit the ground running and work independently whilst meeting a brief.
- Well organised and reliable with a willingness to "muck-in".
- Capacity to deal with sometimes unstructured and unpredictable environments.
- Enthusiastic about our mission and about your future in fundraising.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; being able to articulate clearly on the phone and face to face as well as in writing.
- You will enjoy conducting quality research using a range of different sources of information and thinking laterally about possible opportunities for Malaria No More UK.
- You must know how to use Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Word and Excel. PowerPoint would also be an advantage.
- You will be comfortable paying close attention to detail and will have accurate data entry skills - experience using a contact database would be of benefit although training will be provided.
- You will have spent some time in an office environment.
To apply: please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, your availability, and how your skills & experience fit what we are looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org