Reasonable travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
about 3 years ago
About Solving Kids’ Cancer
Solving Kids’ Cancer supports families affected by high-risk childhood cancers in the areas of neuroblastoma, brain tumours and sarcomas. We provide information and practical support to families from diagnosis onwards and fund innovative research which shows potential for significant improvements in survival in children in these challenging areas.
About this role
This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills and enthusiasm to support an international children’s cancer charity. The role is suitable for someone keen to build their fundraising skills and gain experience working for a charity.
Typical tasks include
Tasks will vary depending on need at the time but are likely to include the following:
- Requesting raffle/prize donations.
- Engaging community groups in fundraising.
- Researching (venues, sports clubs, corporate CSR programmes, trusts and foundations etc.)
- Supporting event preparation (event packs, equipment/resources to take, folding literature etc.)
- Fundraising administration
- Leafleting to promote events.
- Visiting local businesses to promote fundraising activities.
What we offer
- Experience working in a professional organisation
- The opportunity to make a real contribution to our work
- Training and support from the SKC team
- References for future employers
- Travel expenses to and from the office and within London and up to £5 for lunch are reimbursed.
- Lots of enthusiasm
- A not afraid to ask attitude!
- Think outside the box
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- A muck-in attitude
- DBS check not necessary
- Ability to work independently
- Solving Kids’ Cancer, CAN Mezzanine 49 -51 East Road London N1 6AH
- During our office hours of 9:00am-5:00pm
- Minimum of 3 months; at least 1 day per week.
How to Apply
- Please email a covering letter and a CV to Rebekah@solvingkidscancer.org.uk