about 3 years ago
HEART UK: The Cholesterol Charity
Help us save lives and keep families together
We are recruiting voluntary position to join our Board of Trustees
Over 250,000 people in the UK have inherited high cholesterol or other inherited blood fat conditions, most are living without the knowledge they could have an early heart attack or stroke. Only around 25,000 are identified, including children. We aim to double this to 50,000 by 2023. Join our Board of Trustees, who govern and lead the charity, and help us achieve this.
We are a growing national charity providing expert support, education and influence to people with high cholesterol, their families and health care professionals.
We are looking for a fundraising professional to help with our strategy and guide our Fundraising Team. Ideally with a successful track record in corporate fundraising and partnerships. Knowledge across the mix of fundraising would also be useful.
This is an opportunity for someone looking for professional development and wishing to help shape the future of a charity and make a real difference to peoples lives.
- Is an unpaid voluntary role - out of pocket reasonable expenses will be covered
- You must be able to commit to around 6 days per year (4 Board meetings, 2 in London, 1 in Maidenhead, Berkshire and 1 at our Annual Conference location) and usually 1 strategic planning day and some other ad hoc time.
We welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds. Whether you are an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we would love to hear from you.
- For a full role description, please contact Jane Kendrick on email@example.com
- If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Jane Kendrick on firstname.lastname@example.org
- For an informal chat please call Jules Payne, our Chief Executive on 07920 804 905
Deadline: 31 August 2018