2 months ago
Role: Trustee - Fundraising. In addition to the specific responsibilities stated, you will assume all the usual duties of a trustee.
Volunteer: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not accompanied by any payment, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel
Time: 3-year term. Annual review. Estimated 2 days per month, including attending quarterly board meetings. You may also be a sub-committee member and attend specific meetings.
Location: London, and remotely
We're expanding our board of trustees and looking for an experienced fundraiser to join the team and help us grow.
AzuKo is an international architecture charity. We design with disadvantaged communities and empower them to create the world they dream of. From housing, sanitation and infrastructure to play and public space, our projects address urgent needs in Bangladesh and UK.
We're using human-centred design to tackle some of the world's toughest problems, but we can't do it alone. We need your help.
The role involves bringing a fresh perspective to our fundraising; ensuring it is of the highest standard and priority. The individual will assist the board to see the bigger picture and support AzuKo's staff.
- Oversee fundraising and ensure it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall strategy and work with senior staff to ensure effective income generation
- Take a critical look at our current fundraising strategy, and support key updates
- Contribute knowledge of fundraising tools, techniques and strategies
- Encourage an entrepreneurial fundraising culture and assess the cost benefit ratio of funding streams
- Network on behalf of AzuKo to solicit funds on a peer to peer basis
- Carry out fundraising risk assessments, especially when considering new or ambitious funding strategies
- Be an active champion of AzuKo
Qualities - essential
- Someone with sufficient fundraising / income generation knowledge
- Understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, relevant legislations and statutory requirements
- Understanding of the challenges facing small UK charities in maximising income streams and donor cultivation
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices - trusts and foundations and individual giving would be valuable
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills
Qualities - desirable
- Experience of large bids to international funders e.g. UK Aid Direct
- Knowledge of digital or social media
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
- A thorough understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice
Who are we looking for?
We expect all team members to share our values. All AzuKo trustees are active in advocating, fundraising and networking.
The impact of this role
Support and strategic guidance is key in enabling us to meet and exceed our goals: growth and impact. Our work prioritises disadvantaged individuals, families and communities. Ultimately you will be contributing to the positive change AzuKo seeks to make in the world.
Why be a trustee
As a small charity AzuKo recognises the great work, time and commitment of our board. This position is an opportunity to:
- Give back to a charity that is dedicated to creating positive impact
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector
- Work with an interesting team from diverse backgrounds
How to apply
Application is by CV and supporting statement (of no more than one side of A4) outlining the reasons for your interest in this trustee role. Please send your application via email to email@example.com
Application deadline: Rolling
AzuKo is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. We value and respect all differences in people (seen and unseen).