10 months ago
Passionate about social impact, and international development?
AzuKo is a small but mighty nonprofit - we're looking for an experienced fundraiser to join our board, and help us grow.
WHO WE ARE:
AzuKo is an architecture charity currently working in the UK, Bangladesh and China. We design with disadvantaged communities and empower them to create the world they dream of. From housing, sanitation and infrastructure to play and public space, our projects address real needs. We're using human-centred design to tackle some of the world's toughest problems, but we can't do it alone.
The role involves bringing a fresh perspective to our fundraising; ensuring it is of the highest standard and priority. The individual will assist the board to see the bigger picture and support AzuKo's staff / fundraisers.
- Oversee fundraising and ensure it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall strategy and work with senior staff to ensure effective income generation is achieved
- Take a critical look at our current fundraising strategy, and support the creation of a new and updated plan
- Contribute knowledge of fundraising tools, techniques and strategies
- Encourage an entrepreneurial fundraising culture and assess the cost benefit ratio of each planned type of fundraising
- Network on behalf of AzuKo to solicit funds on a peer to peer basis
- Carry out fundraising risk assessments, especially when considering new or ambitious fundraising strategies
- Be an active champion of AzuKo
QUALITIES - ESSENTIAL:
- Someone with sufficient fundraising / income generation knowledge
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, relevant legislations and statutory requirements
- An understanding of the challenges facing small UK charities in maximising income streams and donor cultivation
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices - corporate and philanthropic giving, and trusts and foundations would be valuable
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills
QUALITIES - DESIRABLE:
- Knowledge of digital or social media
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
- A thorough understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice
- Duties: In addition to the specific responsibilities stated, you will assume all the usual duties of a trustee.
- Remuneration: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not accompanied by any payment, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel.
- Time commitment: 2 year term. Review after 1 year. Estimated 1-2 days per month, including attending quarterly board meetings. You may also be a sub-committee member and attend specific meetings.
- Location: London, and remotely.
THE IMPACT OF THIS ROLE:
Developing a sustainable fundraising strategy is key in enabling us to meet and exceed our goals: growth and impact. Our work priorities disadvantaged individuals, families and communities. Ultimately you will be contributing to the positive change AzuKo seeks to make in the world.
WHY BE A TRUSTEE?
As a small charity AzuKo recognises the great work, time and commitment of our board members. This position is an opportunity to:
- Give back to a charity that is dedicated to creating positive social impact
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector
- Work with an interesting team (board and staff) from diverse backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY:
Application is by CV and supporting statement (of no more than one side of A4) outlining the reasons for your interest in the position. Please send your completed application to email@example.com