Reasonable travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
over 2 years ago
Job title: Fundraising Intern
Department: Philanthropy (corporate fundraising & major gifts).
Location: Vauxhall, London
Dates: September – December 2016
Hours: Ideally 3-5 days a week
Salary: Expenses only – up to £15 per day for travel and lunch.
Sparks funds medical research into conditions and disabilities affecting babies, children and mums-to be. We believe that all children should be given the best possible start in life and a medical condition or disability should not be a barrier to opportunity and fulfilment.
Purpose of Role:
Sparks is looking for a proactive, confident and enthusiastic person to work closely with the Corporate Fundraising Managers and Major Gifts Manager to help maximise fundraising income in the philanthropy team.
- Securing raffle and auction prizes for use at upcoming fundraising events.
- Researching companies who Sparks have identified as potential corporate partners.
- Attending fundraising events, helping the team sell raffle tickets and raising awareness of Sparks.
- Admin tasks including: checking fundraising income, making ‘welcome’ and ‘thank you’ calls, researching new opportunities for support and writing newsletters to keep supporters up to date about fundraising events and campaigns.
- Creating research profiles of major donor prospects
- Stewarding donors to help build long-lasting relationships and maximise their fundraising.
- Any other relevant duties or projects delegated by the Corporate Partnerships or Major Gifts Manager.
- Team worker with excellent oral and written communication skills, including confidence on the telephone and with face-to-face interactions.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office packages.
- Good attention to detail with accurate data entry.
- Enthusiastic, positive person with a desire to develop fundraising knowledge across the Charity.
What you can expect to gain from this opportunity:
- Hands-on fundraising experience with the opportunity to work with a number of different fundraising departments.
- Training, support and the opportunity to develop your skills and enhance your CV.
- Experience of working with the database Raisers Edge, one of the most widely used charity databases.
- Meeting and working with new people whilst working on meaningful projects.
- A reference letter outlining the contribution you have made and the skills and experience acquired during your time with us.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to Claire.email@example.com