over 2 years ago
Volunteering Role: Fundraising Group Volunteers (Wandsworth, London (Greater))
About the opportunity
We need your help! We are looking to expand our network of Fundraising Groups across the UK and need enthusiastic volunteers to help set up a new Fundraising Group in the Wandsworth area.
Fundraising Groups are so important to us and setting one up can be a hugely rewarding experience, raising vital funds for dementia research and bringing awareness of this heartbreaking disease to your local communities. Our groundbreaking research is carried out across the UK so wherever you're based, you're never far away from a lab where Alzheimer's Research UK-funded scientists are working to make breakthroughs possible.
There are different roles available within a Fundraising Group to suit everyone, including Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Press Lead and Events Lead, or you may just want to support the group by being a member of the wider team - it's up to you! Either way, you'll be fully supported by the Regional Fundraising Officer for your area. You'll enjoy new experiences, have fun and make new friends along the way!
What does a Fundraising Group Volunteer do?
As part of a Fundraising Group you can:
- Organise and host your own events such as quiz nights, sponsored walks, afternoon teas or race nights.
- Support the charity at local bucket collections and manning stands at local events.
- Represent Alzheimer's Research UK at local community club and business cheque presentations and events.
- Spread the word of Alzheimer's Research UK in your local area through speaking to the local media and delivering talks.
Fundraising Group volunteering can fit around your existing commitments and members can volunteer as little or as much time as you like. Fundraising Group meetings take place approximately every six to eight weeks, which we ask all members to try to attend.
About Alzheimer's Research UK
Alzheimer's Research UK is the UK's leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we're challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in cutting-edge research.
We believe that medical research can and will deliver life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for dementia. Alzheimer's Research UK exists to make this happen and with your support, we'll make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
What are they looking for?
We are looking people who:
- Are passionate about the work of Alzheimer's Research UK.
- Have a willingness to get stuck in, volunteering alongside others as part of a team.
- Have enthusiasm to encourage your local community to rally round and support Alzheimer's Research UK.
- Show great organisation skills to help set up and host successful fundraising events.
In return, as one of Alzheimer's Research UK's Fundraising Group volunteers you'll benefit from:
- The opportunity to meet new people in your community.
- Gaining new volunteering experiences.
- Opportunities to build your CV with a host of different skills dependent on your interests including event planning, administration duties and public speaking.
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
- All fundraising materials will be provided including a free Alzheimer's Research UK orange t-shirt.
Please register your interest by completing our simple online registration form at:
If you have any general enquiries about this role please contact the team email@example.com or call 0300 111 5555 or visit our website at www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/support-us/volunteer
Alzheimer's Research UK - Registered Charity no. 1077089 & SC042474