£32866.00 - £36611.00 per annum
2 months ago
TPP are excited to be working with a children's charity for a Fundraising Due Diligence Manager. This charity is committed to helping vulnerable children across the country.
The Supporter Management Team has been created to steward and grow the 'High Value' audience. This function is responsible for delivering the donor insight, propositions, communications and events that enable fundraisers to build rewarding, long-term relationships with our biggest supporters.
Securing large gifts for there work from individuals, foundations and corporates requires a strong understanding of current and potential donors. They are creating a new Fundraising Due Diligence function to ensure that the public-facing and philanthropic partnerships align with organisational values, particularly there mission to keep children safe.
The Fundraising Due Diligence Manager will lead on the establishment of the new function, working with senior colleagues to shape, embed and champion due diligence policies and procedures across the charity.
Line managing a Fundraising Due Diligence Executive, the post-holder will employ their organisation skills and research experience to ensure that due diligence and risk assessments are delivered to deadline and a high standard. Through effective communication and stakeholder management they will liaise with colleagues to manage escalations and secure decisions in line with organisational policies.
Oversee and undertake due diligence on behalf of teams across Fundraising & Engagement, Communications, and Strategy Policy & Evidence - managing
ethical and reputational risk in line with policies and procedures.
Manage the workload and priorities of the Fundraising Due Diligence Executive, personally delivering against the most complex or sensitive due diligence requests.
Facilitate escalation and decision-making, ensuring that outcomes are recorded centrally and in line with Data Protection regulations.
Some of the Main Responsibilities:
1. Working with the Head of Supporter Management, make a significant contribution to establishing and embedding the new Fundraising Due Diligence function.
2. Provide central co-ordination and oversight of due diligence activities concerned with reputational and ethical risk management, as they relate to major donors, corporate partners, and public representatives.
3. Oversee and undertake the delivery of comprehensive due diligence to a high standard, employing appropriate methodologies and resources, presenting findings objectively and clearly, and escalating for consideration by senior colleagues where appropriate.
4. Manage the output, workload and priorities of the Fundraising Due Diligence Executive, providing support and guidance to facilitate their performance against objectives.
5. Communicate effectively and sensitively with colleagues at varying levels of seniority in relaying the results of due diligence checks, managing escalations and securing decisions.
6. Ensure that due diligence procedures and outcomes are recorded centrally on the Raiser's Edge database and in compliance with Data Protection regulations, and that due diligence activity can be monitored and reported against through queries and dashboards.
1. Excellent personal organisation skills, with the proven ability to plan, implement and monitor own work and that of others to meet conflicting deadlines and shifting priorities.
2. Well-developed analytical skills, proficient in collecting and interpreting information from various sources, before presenting findings clearly and accurately.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to convey complex information to a broad range of audiences, including nonspecialists.
4. Proven success in a role that informed strategic decision-making through the provision of research or customer insight, preferably in prospect/fundraising research.
5. Experience of developing or improving new business processes or ways of working, preferably in relation to fundraising practice or regulatory compliance.
6. Successful experience of navigating the opinions and preferences of others to negotiate conclusions or decisions in a timely fashion
7. Significant experience of working reactively and flexibly to the deadlines and pressures of others, providing good customer service by balancing responsiveness with attention to detail.
If this opportunity is of interest please get in touch.