South East London, London
Up to £12.42 per hour
9 months ago
Cause: Homeless Charity
Role: Fundraising Database Assistant
Location: South East London
Employment Type: Temp ongoing for 4 - 8 weeks
Salary/rate: £12.42 per hour
Working hours: Monday - Friday 37.5 hours a week
Short description of role:
Our client, a Homeless Charity are looking for a Fundraising Database Assistant to start asap, the main purpose of the role will be recording, banking and acknowledging donations and accurately inputting data and donations onto Raiser's Edge. You will ensure that the database is kept up to date and clean at all times to support the delivery of fundraising activity from individuals, groups and associations. You will be the first point of contact for supporter queries. You will have knowledge and experience of entering personal and financial data with a high degree of accuracy. Raiser's edge experience is an advantage.
- Process and record donations and correspondence on to Raiser's Edge including cheques, credit cards, donations received
- Be comfortable with using the importing and batching functionalities of Raiser's Edge.
- Assist the Senior Database Officer in carrying out the financial month-end reconciliation by accurately recording donations on the database
- Assist in generating regular and ad-hoc financial and fundraising performance data reports to support accurate monitoring of fundraising performance across the team
- Support the fundraising team with Raiser's Edge enquiries
- Proactively liaise with the wider team in relation to donations
- Check and record all Gift Aid declarations and sponsorship forms in line with HM Revenue & Customs guidance
- Be aware of legal responsibilities particularly around Data protection, Gift Aid and fundraising regulations
- To be the main point of contact for all fundraising enquiries
- Ensure donations are acknowledged
- Resolve donation and supporter issues
- Support the Senior Database Officer to train and provide ongoing support for database users
- Assist with regular data quality checking
- Support the Individual Giving and wider fundraising team with administrative and ad-hoc tasks
- Attend response handling activity briefing with teams across the organization and advise on improvements
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV quoting the reference number in the subject line.
If you know someone who is interested in this role please ask them to contact me directly. Please make sure they mention your referral, as we reward recommendations with a £100 Amazon voucher if we find them a permanent job.
We look forward to hearing from you.