£32500.00 - £35500.00 per annum
2 months ago
TPP are proud to be working with a National charity who is steered by world-class research and powered by life changing care. They are recruiting a Fundraising compliance Manager to join their excellent team.
This organisation offers great benefits and believes their staff are there biggest asset.
Do you have previous experience of fundraising or marketing? Do you have good knowledge of Data protection? This role will be 70% Fundraising compliance and 30% Data Protection.
This role is looking for someone with excellent relationship building skills and you would be working across the whole organisation.
The purpose of the Fundraising Compliance Manager is crucial to ensure fundraising and marketing activity across the charity meets the highest standards of compliance and in line with an
ever-changing regulatory landscape. The role will also work closely with teams outside of fundraising to deliver key compliance objectives particularly in relation to our obligations under the General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Data Protection aspects of the role will report into and work directly with the Data Protection Officer. The ideal candidate for this role will have a forward-thinking
attitude to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and lead on projects to implement new ways of working.
Some of the key tasks and responsibilities would be:
To lead on best practice fundraising compliance and upskill the wider organisation.
To provide expert guidance for fundraising teams and the wider organisation to deliver on their activity in line with relevant regulation.
To respond to fundraising and data protection queries relating to fundraising and marketing compliance and provide sign off where required.
To maintain up-to-date knowledge on the legislation, regulation and best-practice guidance related to fundraising, marketing and data protection.
To highlight when a change in procedure or legislation has implications on existing activity and communicating any changes to the relevant people affected.
To develop and maintain policies, engaging guidance and training which relate to compliance.
To empower colleagues to understand compliance risk and creating and maintaining self-serve resources and materials.
Data Protection Compliance
To be an integral member of the Data Protection Compliance team who have day to day responsibility for implementing Data Protection compliance across the charity. Participate in the
Data Protection working group and DP Champions meetings, playing an active role in setting the agendas.
To support the Data Protection Officer in:
- Carrying out Compliance gap analysis and developing a project plan for Data Protection Compliance.
- Developing tools, checklists and procedures, taking the lead on Fundraising specific processes.
- Assisting teams in planning activities to take account of DP compliance from the outset, using the charity's developed tools.
- Managing data breach incidents in accordance with established processes.
* Leading on:
- Maintenance and the review of Data Protection Policies.
- Developing and delivering DP training and awareness programme.
- Managing Data Subject Rights.
- Managing marketing consents and Data collection statements library.
* Liaising with Legal Compliance and Governance Coordinator to ensure:
- Implementation of appropriate records management, including establishing a ROPA and implementing the Charity's Data Retention policy
- Compliance Software provided by OneTrust is properly utilised.
You you are interested in this role please get in touch now for more information.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.