North West London, London
Up to £13.19 per hour
5 months ago
Role: Fundraising Assistant
Location: Kentish Town
Employment Type: 4-6 weeks starting on the 16th March 2020
Salary/rate: £13.19 per hour
Working hours: Monday - Friday 35 hours a week
Short description of role:
Our client, an Education Charity are looking for a Fundraising Assistant to start on the 16th March 2020, interviews to be held next Monday, You will report to the Grants Manager, you will assist the Trust to achieve its plan to grow income through trusts and foundations, fundraising events and individual donors. You will work with the Grants Manager and colleagues to develop projects and then write and submit applications to Trusts and other grant making bodies. The role includes research on new trusts they can apply to as well as manage and report to a portfolio of smaller Trusts. A secondary responsibility will be co-ordinating their programme which launched in 2019. The role also includes assisting the wider fundraising team with fundraising events, donor stewardship, database administration and prospect research.
- Develop and write high quality and compelling funding proposals to new and existing grant giving bodies, matching funder interests with the Trust's programme of work
- Donor research, including identifying new prospects and matching funders to the organisation
- Write funding reports for donors
- Write timely thank you letters for donors
- Maintain and create funder records on the supporter database
- Work with the Database Assistant to improve and maintain grant recording and reporting on the supporter database
- Support the Grants Manager to manage and steward a portfolio of Trusts and Foundations
- Attend regular team meetings and assist with fundraising events and other areas as required
- Work with the Development Director to support and grow the programme and steward its' members
- Support the Events Manager and Fundraising and Database Assistant with delivery of events at any point in the process.
- Support the Development Director with donor stewardship and corporate prospect research
- Work effectively with members of the Education and Communication Teams to gather the background materials - e.g. case studies, images, and evaluation data - required to support effective donor communications.
- Ensure that records are kept in line with General Data Protection Regulations
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV quoting the reference number in the subject line.
If you know someone who is interested in this role please ask them to contact me directly. Please make sure they mention your referral, as we reward recommendations with a £100 Amazon voucher if we find them a permanent job.
We look forward to hearing from you.