about 3 years ago
Dragonmobility build specialist, highly versatile powerchairs for very active disabled people. When your disability limits your mobility you need a tool to get you where you need to be and to enable you to do what you need to do ... that's what they make.
They are looking for a Fundraising and Philanthropy Volunteer who will be responsible to the Chief Executive of Dragonmobility (UK) CIC, with service provision to Dragonmobility Ltd and The Turbo Trust
Contract: 12 Weeks. Potential to extend to permanent paid role, based on performance and sustainability.
Hours of work: 20-37 hours per week, flexible with discussion.
Main purpose of job: To promote and maximise generation of funds across the Dragonmobility Project, which is an exciting social enterprise providing bespoke powered mobility to active disabled people worldwide, and to support and facilitate the fundraising efforts by Dragonmobility's individual clients individually to acquire their own products and services. To secure new streams of funding to enable the continuing work of all the constituent parts of the Dragonmobility Project in providing highly versatile powered mobility for disabled people.
- Increase the contributions of individuals and groups to the Dragonmobility project by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources.
- Supporting and advising individual clients in responsible and effective fundraising on their own behalf, researching sources of institutional funding relevant to their personal circumstances, and motivating and aiding them to maximise the funds they can raise for themselves and others.
- Applying to a broad range of institutions for unrestricted funds, and developing proposals for internal projects that could attract new funding.
- Organising traditional charitable fundraising such as sponsored events and raffles, coordinating web-based fundraising.
- Inspiring new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters and engaging clients who have successfully raised money for themselves to continue to fundraise for others.
- Establishing and strengthening links with voluntary and statutory bodies with a view to accelerating funding channels for individual clients and the Project as a whole.
- Assisting the Chief Executive in developing and progressing the three-year fundraising strategy.
- Liaising with other Dragonmobility staff to organise profile-raising events and activities.
- Fulfilling stewardship responsibilities, and continuing donor communications.
- Recording donor contact and preference information.
- Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- An interest in fundraising, with flare and a willingness to learn. (Possibility of training opportunities).
- Ability to generate passion for a cause and to communicate it through fantastic interpersonal skills
- A high standard of organisation and skill in juggling a wide range of different tasks and relationships.
Further Essential Qualities
- A team player with a confident manner and a professional, flexible, positive and studious approach to the work
- An ability to quickly develop a detailed understanding of wide ranging and complex topics
- A high standard of written English with an ability to produce concise and persuasive prose
- High level computer literacy, for word processing, emailing, DTP, record keeping, developing budgets and web-based research
- A good telephone manner
- Close attention to detail
- An ability to work with figures and to use spreadsheets
- Experience in community/event/street-based fundraising.
- An understanding of the law relating to and regulation of charitable fundraising.
- Experience in planning and developing innovative and effective fundraising strategies
- Relevant professional qualifications or memberships
- A current valid driving licence and the use of a vehicle
The post holder must take ownership of, and reflect our ethos in their behaviour; including high professional standards and effectiveness in working with colleagues to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
The post holder will be expected to engage in and undertake with enthusiasm all opportunities for his / her own training and professional development in order to achieve additional skills as this role develops.
We require employees and volunteers to show a proactive attitude to developing the quality and efficiency of their own work and the service that Dragonmobility can offer to its clients. The post holder will need a flexible approach to his / her duties, accepting new tasks with enthusiasm.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Ruth Everard at firstname.lastname@example.org