about 2 years ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer with strong writing and research skills to work in our Business Programmes Unit to help increase our engagement with new and existing supporters and clients. This is a great opportunity to gain fundraising and marketing experience in a campaigning charity tackling one of the most challenging problems facing society.
Child Poverty Action Group works to understand what causes poverty in the UK, the impact it has on children and families, and how it can be prevented and solved – for good. Child poverty is rising dramatically, and we urgently need to increase our work supporting struggling families across the UK. To enable this, we are developing ambitious plans to build our fundraising in all areas. At the same time, we must continue getting the best value out of every pound our supporters give us, finding new, innovative, and cost-effective ways to raise money.
This role will have a particular focus on corporate and trust donors, campaign development and sales analysis. There will be an element of administration, but there will also be opportunities to get involved in all areas of business development.
The successful candidate will be available 1 or 2 days per week (ideally including Wednesdays) for a period of at least 3 months.
Key skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good online research skills
- A confident telephone manner
- A positive and friendly approach
- A strong interest in gaining experience within fundraising and/or marketing in the charity sector
- A strong commitment to the mission and values of the Child Poverty Action Group
- Previous experience of fundraising or marketing in a voluntary role
- Knowledge of corporate or trust fundraising
- Experience analysing sales date
- Knowledge of developing a campaign
Key tasks within this role
- Working with the Fundraising Managers and Marketing Manager to research opportunities
- Assisting with sector-wide research and competitor analysis in support of the Fundraising and Marketing Strategies
- Drafting smaller trust and corporate proposals
- Drafting text for donor updates
- Assisting with regular donor stewardship tasks (eg. thankyou letters and database admin)
- Researching and drafting applications for charity award schemes
- Any other tasks where assistance is required by the team
How to apply: please request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 5pm on 30th November 2016.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.