Up to £12 per hour
29 days ago
Front of House and Venue Coordinator - Temporary
Our client a large professional body are seeking some temporary support to work on their front of house team, this role is multi-faceted, and includes, reception, hospitality, events administration and sales support.
To be the first point of contact for all Institution enquiries and visitors, providing a consistent, customer focused, safe and professional front of house service in line with FOH service standards.
To manage bookings (internal Institution, staff and external enquirers), from initial contact to the first-class delivery of the meeting, including all associated hospitality requirements.
To be flexible and collaborative with team members to deliver a holistic service to all our customers.
Role and responsibilities
- Answer all inbound enquiries including emails and the main switchboard in a professional, friendly manner, providing first line assistance as appropriate.
- Ensure knowledge of the daily building activity to provide an efficient welcome to the building.
- Meet and greet all staff and visitors in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Be first point of contact for all incoming and outgoing post, parcels & deliveries.
- Ensure all procedures and protocols are adhered to including health and safety and food hygiene.
- Support all events, as required, including and not limited to; meet and greet, hospitality preparation and service, clear down and cleaning of hospitality equipment and areas. This may involve some 'out of hours' working.
- Take responsibility for managing; the venue inbox, venue viewing appointments and site inspections, responding to queries and identifying opportunities for upselling and negotiating booking rates, ensuring all correspondence adheres to protocol, escalating complex enquiries appropriately.
- Input all internal and external room bookings into the booking management system following protocols and procedures. Ensure the system and other related administrative data is always kept up to date.
Personal Specification - essential:
- Acting as the first point of contact; use of a switchboard to redirect calls, taking messages and giving out basic advice/handling first line enquiries (ideally gained in a corporate environment)
- Meeting and greeting on a front of house corporate reception.
- Taking and handling meeting room bookings including organising equipment, catering and hospitality etc.
- Supporting the delivery of conference/meeting room services including providing hospitality services, meeting room set up, clear down etc.
- A good standard of education, ideally to secondary school level, including key skills qualifications in Math and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to understand the needs of the client and provide superior customer service in a professional and corporate setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to present and explain information clearly and succinctly.
Role: Front of House and Venue Coordinator
Location: Old Street
Employment Type: Temporary, 4-6 weeks+
Working hours: 35pw