12 days ago
We are looking for people to help us run the Pantry on Mondays. It takes place in St Edmunds church on Mondays and volunteering is from 10 am to 3pm.
There are two sides to this volunteering. We would like people who will be riendly and build rapport and trust with those who use the Pantry. We are also looking for people who are organised who can sort and price items, record data and follow Food Safety guidelines.
Some of the role:
- Support the smooth running of the programme, to ensure the clubs have high standards of service delivery. Have enthusiasm for delivering high quality customer service.
- Help prepare the area and follow both Health & Safety and Food Safety guidelines.
- Help the Pantry lead volunteer to complete stock control checks, financial records, membership forms and mentor new volunteers. Record accurate data
- Sort and price donated items, set up, tend the Pantry during opening hours and clean up afterwards.
- Encourage participants to take a real part in proceedings and prioritise relationship over task completion.
- Work with the other volunteers, staff and people who come to the Pantry to ensure both that tea, coffee etc are set out and that everything is left in a clean state after the session.
- Actively listen to others, and to build rapport and trust with individuals who may be facing a variety of issues. Ensure you have an understanding of procedures for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Follow the Springfield Project policies.
- If cooked or prepared food is provided, then provide allergy information and enquire about allergies before handing out food, in order to prevent any risk to participants.
You will not be required to give advice, only signposting where necessary.
Please contact Rosalyn Clare for a volunteer application form. Or you can pop in to the Springfield Centre for a volunteer application form.
Mobile : 07516 030841
Centre Reception: 0121 777 2722
This role is advertised as part of TPP's Free Giving Back Services. This volunteer advertisement copy has been supplied to TPP and applicants apply direct to the organisation. Please contact the organisation directly if you have any questions about this volunteer role.