£40k per year
almost 4 years ago
A leading Disability charity based in south-east London is seeking an experienced Transactions Manager for a new role. The role will primarily involve managing a team covering financial transactions (purchase & sales ledger, treasury, reconciliations) but will also involve HR and other administrative transactions management. The role will involve managing a team of 4 and managerial experience is essential.
The role will involve:
- Lead a cost-effective cross-functional Transactions Processing function for the charity including finance, treasury, human resources, estates and other administration processes.
- Lead the processing function to ensure correct postings are completed daily for the charity’s main bank accounts.
- Manage a sales and purchase ledger function ensuring the timely and accurate invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
- Produce a weekly cash report for the charity’s management and a monthly one for inclusion in the management accounts
- Lead the completion and review of all bank reconciliations ensuring timely and that reports submitted from units are reviewed and signed off.
- Ensure sufficient cash funds available to meet the Charity’s liabilities when they fall due.
-Manage the bank mandate and signatories for all entities
-Issue and maintain a list of credit and payment cards
-Identify, recommend and implement changes to processing of bank, sales and purchase ledger items, HR, payroll and other transactions processing to make processes more efficient and/or more effective.
-Lead, manage and monitor any staff responsible for via the management structure ensuring employees are recruited, inducted, trained, supervised and appraised in line with the charity’s policies, whilst ensuring service provision is delivered within an efficient, effective and quality framework.
-Fully AAT qualified or part-qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
-Treasury Management experience
-Ideally experience working in a large charity (£40m + expenditure)
-Experience of line management
-Shared Service Centre operation experience
-General accounting procedures and business operations, particularly with respect to back office processes.
-Detailed and practical understanding of accounting packages driving automatic reconciliation of bank accounts.
-Practical experience of sales and purchase ledger systems including billing.
-Practical experience of non-finance processing including HR records and other administrative functions.
-Experienced user of ICT systems including spread sheets for data manipulation, reporting and accounting.
Please send your CV for further consideration.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.