8 months ago
Financial Management and Fundraising Intern
About Serve On:
Serve On is a highly-respected humanitarian response charity with teams of dedicated volunteers trained and equipped to deploy to natural disasters around the world and closer to home. We don't wait for catastrophe to strike before we rescue people, however. Our work constantly transforms lives, including those of our members, as we build resilience in people and in communities.
- You will be working with Serve On members to develop and implement a fundraising strategy and analyse, develop and implement CRM systems and social media output.
- You will help to research UK and international trusts and foundations, top 2,000 UK companies and high net worth individuals who might donate to or develop a partnerships/sponsorship with Serve On.
- You will identify funding streams and contact details of key decision makers and segregate into groups in line with the different services our charity provides; you will identify companies local to our Community Resilience Teams, along with trusts, grant funders and councils that can support Serve On, in kind or with money; investigate opportunities for, and feasibility of, sponsored events.
- Investigate opportunities for payroll giving assist with the evaluation of the effectiveness of our work and the benefits gained by our volunteers and recipients of our services; consolidate databases and update our CRM system; organise GDPR-compliant quarterly mailings and newsletter circulation; help with social media promotion of both Serve On and our youth arm, Rescue Rookies.
- Have excellent reading, writing and editing skills * Be a good communicator and team player * Have good I.T skills * Have good attention to detail * Have an interest in Humanitarian projects and in the Humanitarian sector * Be a fast learner * Have good social media skills * Have data management skills
Studying for or having a Degree or Masters in Development Studies, Social Science, Humanitarian Aid/Studies or a related field is preferable. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, including students interested in developing themselves further and gaining experience in the charity sector with an international Non-Government Organisation (NGO).
Benefits we will facilitate for you:
- Experience of and involvement in Operations Room planning and protocols for international disaster and UK major incident deployments as well as disaster risk reduction missions. * Training opportunities with our International Response Team and Community Resilience Teams, including accredited qualifications when these are available. * Networking opportunities with our international operational partners, local resilience partners and in-country contacts. * Experience of developing country profiles. * Opportunities for UK and international deployment in a support role. * Personal mentorship leading to career and personal development.
How to apply:
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible that includes a clear statement demonstrating what you will bring to the charity and demonstrating how you would deliver your role.
SERVE ON IS A SMALL CHARITY SO THIS POST IS UNPAID HOWEVER SOME EXPENSES MAY GIVEN FOR SOME ACTIVITIES.
We will get back to you with interview arrangements but encourage you to come to one of our International training or Community resilience training sessions so you can see what we do and how you would fit in.