£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
12 days ago
An excellent opportunity has come up to work for a growing charity based in Waterloo.
The charity's current turnover is £500,000 but this will substantially increase within the next 12 months as the charity is underway with a large capital building project. This is an exciting time to become part of the team as the organisation expands. You will be the sole charge finance person reporting directly to the CEO.
As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the bookkeeping and the financial reporting. You will also be responsible for the monitoring and implementation of all internal controls, developing and maintaining budgets monitoring systems and identifying areas that require improvement and implementing the necessary change. The salary offered for this role is between £50,000 - £55,000 per annum.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Preparation of month end accounts
- Ensuring all transactional processes are completed in a timely manner
- Ensuring all income and expenditure is recorded accurately
- Undertaking budget analysis, financial analysis and reporting
- Completing balance sheet, P&L and cash flow forecast
Candidates applying for this role must have the following skills and experience:
- Recognised CCAB Qualified Accountant
- Able to work within a very small team
- Extremely hands on and have the ability to contribute to the charity's financial strategy
- Experience using Sage line 50
Candidates who prefer to work 3-4 days are very much welcome to apply for this role. The salary will be prorated for 3-4 days. You will also have the opportunity to work from home once a week.
Candidates shortlisted for this role will be required to write a supporting statement.
Interviews for this position will be held on 29th January, 2020
If you are interested in this role, please apply with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria for immediate consideration.