£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + 30 days holiday plus good Pension
about 2 years ago
Are you currently seeking a new Financial Controller role based in Central London? Are you open to working for a commercial Not for Profit Further Education company? Have you experience of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, staff management and development, Grant management and deputising for the FD on occasion? Are you a very strong and qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Finance Manager or Financial Controller looking for a bigger role? If so, then please read on?
My client is a dynamic and growing not for profit organisation who through a recent restructure, have created a new Financial Controller role, which will be an exciting mix of senior accounting, staff management of a growing team and full production of the Groups accounts.
In order to be considered, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Responsible to produce the monthly accounts including purchase order commitment balances
- Maintain Sage chart of accounts and its standard reporting
- Create and process data uploads from other feeder systems into Sage, checking data integrity
- Review all bank reconciliations (purchases and two from invoice/billing systems)
- Monitor/reconcile balance sheets accounts on at least a quarterly basis
- Calculate and submit partial-exempt VAT return (VAT group) & manage the switch to MTD for Q4 2019.
- Ensure that instructions to (outsourced) payroll each month are complete and accurate; and that those instructions are correctly reflected in payroll calculations
- Ensure monthly returns and payments are made to three pension providers and the childcare voucher company
- Ensure all central costs are correctly allocated to grants and income streams where allowed
- In conjunction with the rest of the team, lead on the year-end process, from preparation of the auditors' files to finalisation of the statutory accounts
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are up to date and propose any enhancement as required
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, financial planning and delivery plans based on research and data reports
- Assist with ad hoc commercial and financial planning, including tendering for new business, use of separate statutory entities, capital projects, etc
- Ensure that all areas are sighted on their financial progress on a monthly basis
- Line manage the finance team members including performance management and annual reviews
- Actively participate and plan the development of team members and own
- Participate in the healthy life and dynamic of the wider Finance team (includes IT, Procurement coordination and Business Analysis)
- Deputise for the Finance Director in its absence
Should you feel you are now ready to take on this exciting role, are a fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountant with a possible additional degree behind you, then please apply now. The role will require a cover letter to accompany your CV.