£50000.00 - £52000.00 per annum
2 months ago
I am working with a well known charity who work to support homeless young people seeking to appoint a Financial Controller on a permanent basis. This position plays a key part in the recent merger ensuring compliance procedures and financial strategies are in line with the internal policies and vision. The Financial Controller will be at the forefront of financial strategies and plans and be responsible for creating the charity's 5 year plan and forecasts.
- Manage and develop existing financial professional services which include budgets, forecasting, management accounting and financial reporting
- Identify financial risks identifying where improvements can be made for budgeting and reporting systems as well as processes
- Take lead on developing financial strategies and work closely with the Director of Corporate Services on overall business plans
- Prepare the statutory annual accounts and oversee effective internal audit arrangements
- Manage the Finance Team of 5 situated in Haringey office ensuring all finance operations run smoothly
- 10% of this role will be to act as the company secretary ensuring compliance and regulations are met and support audit committee and board as and when required
To be considered for the Financial Controller you must be either fully qualified CCAB accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA or ACMA) or equivalent. Experience with management accounting, financial accounting, treasury management and investments, forecasting and cash-flow management are crucial for this role. It would be desirable to have an understanding of a Company Secretary role however training can be provided for the right candidate. The Financial Controller will have good understanding of risk management and experience with financial planning and forecasts.
This permanent role is to start in October and will consider those on a month's notice period. Charity sector experience is desirable but not essential and working with an accounting package such as Great Plains is a must. If you have the above background and skillset and keen to know more please apply to TPP Recruitment by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.