£43000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Are you qualified Accountant seeking a new challenge in the Kent area? Would you be open to working for a Christian charity? Do you have staff management experience or are you looking for that step-up role to management and managing a small team? Do you have charity accounting experience and don't mind driving to work? If so, then please read on.
My client is a Faith based charity that has been around since 1992 and is an established charitable organisation and well respected within the Kent Community. They have 50 employees and 5 in finance already with this vacancy being a newly created one, running for one-year fixed term initially.
The ideal candidate would be a qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountant with hands on working experience of both the management accounts and financial accounts as well as some staff management and you will be tasked with the following:
- The post holder will report directly to the Financial Director and would co-ordinate activities be pertaining to the maintenance of the organisation accounting system, ensuring that it always meets organizational requirements.
- The post holder will be responsible for the preparation of the Statutory Accounts for Audit and for the Monthly Management Accounts.
- This is a supervisory role requiring the post holder to be responsible for the supervision of staff (as specified). The post holder will also be required to assist the Financial Director in the training and development of such staff.
- To prepare monthly management accounts according to agreed deadlines in accordance with objectives for the Charity and its subsidiary companies
- To assist the Financial Director in the preparation of year end data for the charity and its subsidiaries prior to presentation to the Auditors
- To be up to date on the statutory regulations on Gift Aid claims and to ensure compliance to Gift Aid rules.
- Have a thorough understanding of current knowledge and practice in matters of Tax, Charity commission rules and auditing standards
- To ensure that financial records and its subsidiaries are kept up to date (e.g. Fixed Asset Register etc.).
- To ensure that all intercompany matters are kept up to date including invoicing of transactions and agreeing balances
- Liaise with auditors and external consultants on finance issues (e.g. VAT, payroll etc.).
- Supervision of junior accounts staff and Volunteers (as agreed).
- Be flexible and undertake other tasks as directed by the Director of Finance.
- To maintain the integrity of accounting database and software ensuring best practice always and to supervise and co- ordinate the work of junior finance staff.
- To conduct a day to day supervision of specified finance staff.
- Preparation of draft Monthly Management Accounts for review with Financial Director.
- To act as the Organisations finance contact with Government agencies (VAT & PAYE)
- To interact with other stakeholders (both internal and external) on finance matters as appropriate
Should you feel that this is the role for you and are a driver and available to commit to a one-year fixed term contract based near Maidstone, Kent then apply now.