£34000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
A prominent higher education organisation based in central London is seeking a Financial Accountant & Internal Auditor for an important role.
The role will involve:
- Assisting the Accountant in the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements in accordance with the Companies Act, Charities Act, SORP and Accounting Principles for the Director of Finance and external auditors, and liaising with the latter during the annual audit of the financial statements.
- Auditing financial records, investigating financial anomalies and carrying out appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the School's financial resources are managed.
- Liaising with Investment fund managers, reviewing daily cash balances, credit card merchants and ensuring all the financial products are complied.
- Analysing, describing, evaluating and interpreting data, using analytical and logical reasoning to draw conclusions
- University educated with STEM degree or professional accountancy qualification, or substantial professional experience in a similar role
- Experience completing or assisting with year-end accounts, budgeting and treasury duties
- Proven ability to gather and analyze data and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- Ability to communicate tactfully and diplomatically with adults and students
- An understanding of modern audit procedures
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques (desirable)
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques (desirable)
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Closing date Friday 23rd March.