City of London, London
£40000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
10 months ago
This is a 6 months fixed term contract Financial Accountant role working for a professional membership body.
Working as part of a wider function of 6 people the successful Financial Accountant will look after the financial accounting, reporting and taxation of the commercial arm of this membership body and will be required to build a strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
The post holder will be required to complete routine financial reports and analysis and day to day duties will include;
- Ensuring that revenue from all income streams are processed and recorded in line with UK GAAP
- Complete routine checks and reconciliations to ensure accuracy of revenue recorded
- Analysis of debtors and undertaking necessary action
- To review and maintain capital expenditure against work in progress and ensuring effective capitalisation of assets in accordance with UK GAAP and organisational policies
- Review and reconcile entire balance sheet, and prepare information relating to cashflow
- Completing all VAT submissions, ensuring accurate input and output of the relevant taxes
- Complete all intra-company accounting, factoring any ventures relating to the multiple ventures and accurately recoding on balance sheet
- Assist with completion cooperation tax calculation
Applicants for the position of Financial Accountant must hold relevant accounting qualifications and have experience in similar role in a commercial organisation.
A thorough knowledge of VAT is essential as is knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS in relation to producing statutory accounts in commercial organisation. A proven track record in financial reporting and balance sheet reconciliation is a must and applicants must have experience of working in commercial organisation.
If you are immediately available, and are interested in applying for this 6 months fixed term contract role than please apply through TPP recruitment by sending your CV to email@example.com