£30k per year + pro-rata
almost 2 years ago
A highly innovative and growing employment charity based in East London is seeking a talented Finance Officer for new role.
The post holder will play a pivotal role between the Finance Team and the Business Development Team in terms of funds monitoring and reporting. The main purpose of this role is:
- To support the Head of Finance in recording all income and expenditure accurately, performing monthly reconciliation of control accounts and overseeing the internship payroll.
- To support the Business Development Team with submission of grant funding proposals and grants management.
The role will involve:
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into Sage Accounts
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain financial files and records
- Manage and reconcile the accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process payable invoices and staff expenses
- Collating financial information for funding bids as required
- Monitoring expenditure on grant-funded programmes
- To oversee the internship payroll, ensuring that interns are paid accurately and timely.
- To Check and enter new starters’ details onto computerised payroll system accurately.
- To liaise with other staff for chasing missing information and updating records accordingly.
- To raise monthly salary journals for review by the Head of Finance
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a charity
- Must be able to manage the accounts payable effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience of computerised accounting and payroll e.g. Sage Accounts and Sage Payroll (strongly desired)
- Previous experience of Payroll administration that includes maintaining confidential data.
- An understanding of grant management is a strong advantage
- AAT qualification or part-qualified ACCA /CIMA desirable but not essential
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.