4 months ago
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join ConnectionHub and oversee all aspects of financial management, accounting and active development of the charity. You will be working alongside the executive director and founder to oversee all financial aspects of the organisation. The Finance Manager will have responsibility for reporting and analysing all financial information, implementing recommendations to deliver the most cost effective outcomes.
- To produce timely and accurate annual financial statements and P&L reports for ConnectionHub, including forecasts of financial needs and challenges.
- Manage day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, balance sheet reconciliations, grants claims, bank reconciliations and general accounting functions.
- Manage funds by allocating budget efficiently, ensuring that spend is being tracked, recorded and allocated against set grants/donations correctly.
- Forward relevant financial information to external bodies, such as HMRC, Charities Commission, Companies House, etc. in a timely manner.
- Ensure ConnectionHub has appropriate internal controls in place to meet tax and audit obligations.
- Make recommendations on investment strategies,
- Assist in developing policies and procedures relevant to risk management and financial controls.
- Deal with general finance inquiries, resolving queries from volunteers and external stakeholders as well as other ad-hoc tasks.
This list is not exhaustive and will be subject to change depending on the financial needs of the charity, legal processes, requirements and regulatory changes.
- Experience and qualifications in Accounting, Finance or a similar field, desirably recognised by a professional accounting body (such as CCAB or CIMA).
- Understanding of the financial needs of a charity/not-for-profit organisation, including fund accounting, tracking allocated funds in a budget sheet.
- Excellent numeracy skills and problem solving mindset.
- Desirable knowledge of accounting principles, payroll, VAT (as applicable to charities).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Suite, using spreadsheets to create financial reports.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to explain financial information to non-financial colleagues at all levels.
All volunteers are required to have a valid standard DBS certificate.
Please complete our online application form, including your most recent CV alongside a covering letter detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Online application form URL: https://smrtr.io/4GX28
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.