£36000 - £38000 per annum
over 1 year ago
A leading creative theatre organisation in central/north London is seeking a Finance Manager for a full-time role:
- Production of draft Monthly Management accounts for the Theatre and the production of the trading subsidiary accounts
- Balance sheet and control account reconciliation, preparing draft TB, reconciliation of income from box office, members and individual givers, sponsors, other sources of income. Bank reconciliation. Reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
- Prepare draft production accounts at the end of each show, inter-company transactions with trading subsidiary.
- Preparation of monthly VAT return including partial exemption calculations
- Work with budget holders to keep monitoring systems upto date, ensure accuracy and completeness of records, identify variances and discrepancies.
- Assist with annual audit, preparation of fixed asset schedule, payroll and VAT reconciliation. Preparation of catering accounts prior to audit.
- Oversee Finance officer who has primary responsibility for the preparation of weekly and monthly payroll, check payroll is prepared correctly. Variance analysis payroll vs salaries budget
- Ensure compliance with payroll legislation and that adequate operating systems are in place
- Full or part qualified ACCA/CIMA (or similar)
- 3 years managerial experience in a similar organisation
- Experience of Sage Line 50 and Sage payroll
- Excellent and proven analytical skills including excel (vlookup, pivot tables etc)
- Accounts preparation to TB and audit standard
- A proven track record of managing individuals within a finance team in a small to medium size organisation
- An understanding of Charity VAT, and PAYE
- Experience of Charity Accounts and SORP
This role would be best suited to someone working in a small organisation who is very hands-on and happy to undertake a mixture of accounting and transactional work.
Closing date 26th October