£40000 - £50000 per annum
about 4 years ago
A leading social care & disability charity based in central London is seeking a qualified accountant with significant payroll experience for a crucial role as a Finance Manager.
In the role, you will be expected to:
- To provide quality financial support and advice to managers and budget holders as required under the direction of Senior Finance Team.
- To manage the payroll department ensuring compliance with government legislation
- To oversee the management of the payroll department ensuring all payments are accurate and in line with all term and conditions and ensuring compliance with government legislation
- To prepare annual budget, financial forecasts, maintain the rolling budget and associated financial reports
- To assist in the preparation of reports to the Board of Trustees (BOT), Executive Management Team*, Senior Management Team (SMT), Finance and Audit (F&A) Committee and Director of Finance as required
-To assist the Director of Finance in preparing the Group's annual reports and accounts in line with the requirements of SORP, charity law, the Companies Act, the Inland Revenue, other relevant legislation and best practice.
- To assist on all relevant operational budget management, financial reporting and risk management activities, providing professional support and advice to finance and non-finance managers.
- Qualified Accountant (CCAB) eg ACCA/CIMA or ACA)
- Good all round knowledge of charity accounting practices, charity SORP, VAT, the requirements of charity taxation and charity and company legislation.
- Year end and reconciliation experience (preparing supporting schedules, liaise with auditors etc.)
- Extensive budgeting experience
- Staff management experience
- Hands-on experience in running a payroll team - ideally experience with Earnie payroll and/or Open People Software
- Open Accounts experience desirable but not essential
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.