£35k - 40k per year
almost 4 years ago
The organisation is a religious charity that operates across 15 countries. The charity engages in education, pastoral work, retreats and missions. If you have experience of managing charity finances, are keen to develop your skills and knowledge further, and would enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment then we would love to hear from you.
To be responsible for all finance functions of the UK Charity and to help manage the finances of the worldwide Congregation by working closely with the Finance Director, General Bursar, Provincial Bursar and Trustees.
This is a new position within the organisation and as such we would expect the role to evolve over time but the main responsibilities would include:
- Taking the lead on developing the management accounts function
- Assisting with the preparation and monitoring of annual budget
- Assisting in the preparation of draft statutory accounts for external audit including supporting schedules
- Help develop short and long term cash flow forecasting
- Coordinating and running the payroll function for the UK charity
- Coordinating with Provincial Bursar with respect to accounting for British Province and Communities and one off projects
- Maintain full and accurate financial records of the Charity on an electronic accounting system including a cash book, bank reconciliation and double entry transactions
- Processing of all financial transactions including receipts and payments ledgers
The successful candidate will have preferably worked in a finance manager capacity for a charity or not for profit organisation. You will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a wide variety of tasks ranging from prime entry bookkeeping to getting involved in strategic issues. You will have managed your own workload in order to meet deadlines and follow things through and have excellent IT skills, in particular in creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets. It is essential that you have empathy for the aims of the charity.
Please note this role is based in Isleworth. Middlesex / West London.
Please send your CV for consideration.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.