£38k per year
over 1 year ago
A leading health research / membership charity is recruiting for a Finance Manager position based in their central London office. The role would represent a great chance for a skilled Finance Manager to influence and scope the team in a busy and challenging environment.
Please note this role is full-time, however the charity will also consider applicants looking for 4 days per week.
- To provide operational management for the finance function including developing and maintaining financial systems, producing monthly management accounts, payroll, preparing the annual external audit and people management
- To manage the finance team ensuring the purchasing system, sales system, payroll and the banking functions of the School operate efficiently and effectively.
- In conjunction with Finance Director, review and improve the financial management system design and processes, ensuring integrity of financial data using SunSystems and develop report writing using Query&Analysis (Q&A)
- To ensure high quality and accurate financial management information is produced on a timely basis for senior management and audit purpose
- To ensure that all income and expenditure, sales and purchase transactions, payroll and pensions are processed and reconciled on time and to a high standard
- To manage the payroll and pension functions, including reconciliations and costing reports, ensuring the delivery of high quality, efficient and accurate payroll and pension information before final authorisation is undertaken by the Finance Director
- Support the Finance Director with the design and implementation of the financial management system (SunSystems), financial reporting (Q&A) and the payroll system (iTrent)
- To identify opportunities for efficiency and quality improvement of all finance systems and processes, including payroll and work with the Finance Director to implement changes
- To manage and develop the finance team to work effectively and efficiently with the other teams and external stakeholders.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA) or part qualified and working towards gaining the full qualification
- Experience of preparing and interpreting management accounts and utilise finance systems for report writing
- Experience of preparing external audits
- Experience of managing payroll
- Experience in the development, implementation and integration of finance systems and processes (preferably using SunSystems with knowledge of Query & Analysis (Q&A))
- Experience in writing policy and procedure including internal control mechanisms
- Experience of managing a finance team
- Experience of working in a HEI and knowledge of SORP2015 ‘Accounting for Further and Higher Education’ (desirable)
- Experience of producing statutory returns required by HEFCE (desirable)
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How does your salary survey compare with other finance professionals? Take our finance salary survey to find out now!