£40k - 45k per year
almost 3 years ago
A small family bereavement charity is seeking a talented and driven Finance Manager to lead on the charity’s accounting and financial controls.
The successful candidate will be the lead finance person in the organisation and will be part of the SMT. You will manage one Accounts Assistant.
The role will involve:
- Monthly management accounts for the organisation and its subsidiaries
- Year-end statutory accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Internal Payroll
- Filing all reports and returns to HMRC, Companies House and The Charity Commission for the charity and it’s trading entity
- Oversee transactional inputting of income and expenditure
- Streamlining financial systems and processes, and ad-hoc financial analysis
- Managing one member of staff
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fully of part-qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Have line management experience
- Have experience with Sage Line 50 or a similar package
- Have details knowledge of Charity accounting and SORP
- Have strong Excel skills
- Be capable of working autonomously, in a sole charge capacity
- Prior experience working with SMTs and the board, and delivering robust, reliable financial information
The role would best suit a naturally driven and proactive professional on a career trajectory. There will be an opportunity to become more involved in strategy and take up a broader resources focus as the role progresses.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.