City of London, London
£42500.00 - £46000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Are you a newly qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountant looking for a new Finance Manager role? Would you be open to working for a Grant Giving charity based in their London head office? Have you managed staff previously? Do you understand charity accounting and both internal and external reporting? If so, please read on.
My client is a London based charity with Grant Giving status and are currently expanding and seeking to recruit a Finance Manager to report into the Head of Finance managing one staff member and dealing with the day to day running of the finance function, implementing the standard financial operating procedures & producing the management reports whilst preparing the annual statutory accounts with UK GAAP and Charity SORP. To be considered, your CV will need to reflect the following:
- Ensure financial transactions are processed and recorded in a timely and accurate manner as per the approved internal controls and procedures.
- Ensure investment transactions are accurately recorded and reconciled and timely reported on a quarterly basis
- Collate, prepare and produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Prepare reports, budgets, forecasts, commentaries and financial statements as appropriate
- Ensure all sources of voluntary and investment income are recorded using Sage 50 Accounts and reconciled correctly; closely monitor cash flow and expenditure
- Manage approved budgets, financial systems / models
- Oversee the monthly payroll, processed by the [office administrator] and manage the relationship with the external Payroll Bureau
- Provide financial information to the external auditors and contribute to the compilation of the requirements for the Annual Trustees Report and Accounts and Financial Statements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts and reports
- Responsible for the preparation of the financial statements and the timely production of statutory reports
- Support the in ensuring that regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Produce reports and timely submissions of VAT, Corporation tax (CT600) and Gift Aid
- Analyse financial information including the review and analysis of the monthly accounts and identify any significant variances to budget
- Provide the senior management team with the appropriate level of management report and accounting information, including performance against budgets for business as usual and project spending
- Ensure transactions are correctly recorded between Funds
- Contribute to cross-functional projects, providing Finance input as and when required.
Should you be a senior Finance officer looking for that step-up role, or possibly be a recently promoted Finance Manager looking to earn a little more than what your current charity pays, then please apply now. This role is an urgent start end of July.