£12.00 - £15.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
TPP are working with an environmental charity based in South West London who are recruiting a Finance Assistant for an ongoing temporary assignment.
- Process all purchase invoices, staff and volunteer expense claims, ensuring that these have been correctly coded and authorised and in the case of expenses have appropriate receipts/back-up documentation
- Ensure that all of the above is returned to Finance on a timely basis, maintaining spreadsheets recording the movement of invoices
- Creating regular payment runs for suppliers/staff & volunteer expenses and one-off payments when requested.
- Liaising with suppliers and relevant staff on any purchase invoice/supplier related queries
- Capturing sustainability data from invoices/expenses etc. for organisational sustainability information
- Producing some month-end journals in particular accruals and direct entries on our main bank accounts.
- Maintaining coding on Sun accounts and coding spreadsheets
- Providing cover for the permanent finance assistant, providing admin support for Finance and doing any other tasks as requested on an ad-hoc basis.
- Processing income when necessary on the Care database, in particular to cover the upcoming move of income processing function from Luton to London, this will involve spending some time at their Luton office.
- Providing support on the introduction of a purchase ordering system.
- Experience of purchase ledger
- Experience of income processing
- An understanding of basic accounting principles
- Numeric, written and verbal skills required to understand instructions, analyse data, and communicate with colleagues or external contacts, as required.
- Experience of using spreadsheets, word-processing applications, e-mail and/or computerised accounting packages,
- Ideally experience of using Sun, Q&A and a CRM package (ideally Care)
- Ideally experience of using an electronic purchase ordering system
Please note all candidates must be available to start at short notice and have the right to work in the UK