£45000 - £47000 per annum
about 2 months ago
An opportunity has arisen to work for a forward-thinking charity for a dynamic and resilient candidate to join as their next Finance and Systems Manager.
Based ten minutes' walk from Clapham, my client have been serving the community for over 170 years, offering a range of high quality services tailored to meet the needs of each of our residents and employing almost 400 staff across two homes in North and South London.
Reporting to and directly supporting the Director of Finance & IT and working alongside the Senior Management Accountant, the role will be a flexible one, encompassing a broad range of regular tasks together with ad-hoc work as required.
If you have a finance background in a small to medium sized charity (or company) where you have perhaps been involved other areas of the organisation as well, then this is a brilliant opportunity for you.
This is a permanent full time role offering a salary between £45,000 - £47,000 per annum.
Some of your key duties are:
- Supervision of management accounts process with line management (direct and indirect) of a team of 4
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and supervision of audit preparation
- Management of debtors committee and development of solid processes to improve recovery
- Leading development, updating and documentation of procedures and controls to ensure the organisation continues to safeguard its assets in an efficient manner
- Installation and maintenance of systems for IT administration (equipment allocation and tracking, software register, routine checks etc)
- Management of day to day IT infrastructure issues in conjunction with outsourced IT support and in-team resource
- Assistance with selection and implementation of new accounting software
- Support Director of Finance with new software projects across organisation
- Support delivery of other projects and tasks as needed
Key skills required for this role are:
- Recognised CCAB qualification or overseas equivalent
- A proven track record of solid generalist skills
- Solid management accounting experience including Excel reporting
- Excellent technical accounting and problem solving skills
- Experience of working within a smaller organisation (up to £20m turnover)
- Flexibility, with a 'can do' attitude and willingness to pitch in
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in communicating finance information to non-finance managers
- Sound general IT and process skills
- Experience of VAT partial exemption and system implementation useful
If you are interested in this role, please apply immediately with a copy of your CV.