City of London, London
£25000.00 - £26500.00 per annum
4 months ago
Are you currently looking for a new junior Finance position within the central London market? Have you recently worked for a Not for Profit or Charitable organisation in a finance related capacity? Would you like to work in very modern offices in a relaxed office dealing with all elements of transactional accounts whilst learning some new accounting skill? If so, please read on.
My client is a well-established Grant Giving charity based in central London and through a restructure, now have a requirement to take on a new permanent Finance & Office Assistant to be responsible for ensuring that finance and accounting operating procedures are applied effectively and efficiently. To support the finance function in ensuring all aspects of the day-to-day financial operation run smoothly and to pre-agreed deadlines. To assist with the administration of IT services, including the logging and resolution of IT issues and liaising with support providers.
You will be required to:
- Maintain financial and investment records on Sage 50 Accounts, and Excel spreadsheets where necessary, as per the charity's finance operating manual
- Review, verify and process employee and trustee expenses for approval and payment
- Administration of supplier invoices and payments, resolve queries with suppliers, seek authorisation from budget holders, initiate BACS payments in line with credit terms and setting up payment runs for approval
- Invoices are clearly and accurately a filed in a timely manner
- Administer the monthly payroll process in conjunction with HR, providing payroll information to the outsourced provider; ensure that employee pay, and benefits are accurate and that the necessary deductions are made
- Process Grant payments to clients / beneficiaries on a weekly and quarterly basis, ensuring payment deadlines are met
- Prepare bank reconciliations and month-end internal control reports Prepare cash flow statements to ensure enough funds are available for ongoing expenditure
- Contribute to the preparation of budget estimates within the business planning process
- Maintain the supporter's database and reconcile supporter and legacy payments
- Assist with the administration of IT services, including the logging and resolution of IT issues and liaising with support providers
- Maintain and administer the Fixed Asset Register, IT equipment register and control framework including Office 365
- Assist the Head of Finance & IT with the administration and maintenance of Cyber Essentials Plus and the IASME Gold Standard through regular internal compliance related audits
- Liaise with the managing agents regarding building security and other aspects of office maintenance and management
- Be the main point of contact re the Health and Safety Regulations and administration in liaison as appropriate
Please appreciate the list of duties above is not exhaustive and the client is only looking for someone that has completed most of these duties already, not all of them. Preference will go to people that can start sooner rather than later and close date is around the 20th of August.