North West England, England
Up to £13500.00 per annum + for 21 hours
about 1 year ago
Our client is a leading charity that supports young people and their families who are affected by sight loss and they have an exciting and unique opportunity for a part time (21 hours) Family Support Worker, to be home based in the North West of England. The hours are flexible and will be spread over 5 days.
As a Family Support Worker you will use your previous experience of working with families in need of support to provide essential support to visually impaired children and young people aged between 0-25 years and their families in the entire North West to ensure they have access to services that they need to meet their needs.
Other duties will include:
- Communicating with families using telephone, email and home visits
- Identifying families that may require an intervention and support
- Making referrals to relevant services
- Maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Regular use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Travelling to meet families in the entire North West of England
Ideally applicants will have a relevant qualification (or equivalant practicle expereince) in Health, Social care or Education
Experience in working with people affected by visual impairment would be an advantage but not essential.
For more information about this opportunity please email email@example.com
Actual closing date = 25 April 2019
Salary paid is £13,500 for 21 hours work (FTE =£24107.14)
Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.