North East England, England
Up to £33500.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Our client is a leading sight loss charity, who have a mission to change the lives of every single blind child and to make sure they have the self-belief and skills to fulfil their potential in life and they have an exciting opportunity for a Family Engagement Worker to support families with vision impaired children in the North East of England to have improved wellbeing and resilience and develop positive parenting and coping strategies.
As a key member of the Support Services team, you will be given the opportunity to establish and maintain a caseload of families with vision impaired children aged 0 to 25 who identify themselves as being in need of support.
Key duties include:
- Undertaking family assessmentsto identify specific areas of need
- Providing psycho therapeutic interventionsfor families that will promote children's development and emotional wellbeing
- To liaise and develop relationships with local hospitals who provide paediatric ophthalmology as well as making referrals to local teams (Sensory, Education VI teams, Social Care, CAHMS)
- To maintain contact with families as required and agreed with each family through home visits, telephone, email or skype
- Be an excellent Communicator
- A degree in a subject related to a relevant field of psychology, social science, education or health
- A qualification thatprovides eligibility for BACP or UKCP membership
- Demonstrable experience in using a systemic approach to support
- Knowledge and understanding of vision impairment, and its implications and impact
The role is home based with significant travel across the entire North East Region
For more information of for an informal chat about this position please call 0207 198 6080 or email email@example.com
Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.