£24000 - £25000 per annum
2 months ago
A leading community charity with multiple-sites across London is seeking a skilled Facilities Support Officer role for a highly varied role covering office administration, procurement & contractor management, health & safety and site operations management and overseeing maintenance issues. You will work in a small and busy Facilities team, with a highly varied workload.
The role involves:
-Conduct regular site audits to ensure safety procedures on-site are in place and working
-Assist in carrying out safety procedures as and when required, i.e. monthly emergency lighting testing, & etc.
-Carry out weekly and monthly premises inspections and follow up on any issues raised to ensure resolution in a timely and effective manner.
-Undertake DSE risk assessments and building inductions for all new starters
-Fire alarm testing
-Carry out monthly First Aid kit checks & restock
-Administer and maintain all H&S site records and fire safety log books
-Ensure all Risk Assessments relating Premises, Fire, Programme Activity, COSHH, Manual Handling, Working at Height and any other risk assessments that are required
-Ensure compliance of hazardous substance management and storage, through maintaining the COSHH register
-Conduct site inspections and assessments to ensure all building procedures and performance measures are maintained at all times
-Ensure office equipment, stationary supplies and consumables (such as tea & coffee, etc.) inventories are kept and up to date to ensure timely and accurate ordering for all offices
-Oversee maintenance contractors
-Assist with restocking and ordering office supplies and related matters
-Assist in the management and supervision of on-site contractors ensuring they deliver to the required standards (including inspection of works) and health and safety standards
-Assist in the procurement of contractors and services as required
-Attend staff monthly meetings in each office providing information relating to current and forthcoming facilities activities and minuting the Facilities and Resources aspects of meetings
-Contribute and assist in the management of all administrative, facilities & HSQE management systems
-Assist in financial processes to ensure that all financial management requirements relating to facilities and resourcing are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Experience of providing administrative and facilities support within a busy multi-office environment
- An understanding of managing workplace health and safety in relation to facilities and property resources.
- Ability to work alone and across multiple sites and confidently manage work needs, resourcing and administrative issues
- Ability to develop service contract briefs for the provision of facilities and office administrative services
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications to a high standard, including analysis of numerical information using excel
- Abilities in and commitment to ensuring Health and Safety in the workplace
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team and to lead and advise as required and as situations arise
-Full clean driving licence desirable (not essential)
Closing date: Friday 4th January 2019.
Please send your CV for consideration.