£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
2 months ago
About the role
A national charity providing award-winning advice and support for older age is looking for a Facilities Manager to collaborate across the organisation to embed outstanding practice in the key disciplines of Property & Facilities Management, Procurement and Central Administration.
As the Facilities Manager, you will champion the team's ethos to establish the best ways of working that enable colleagues to achieve their objectives. Your duties will involve management of facilities, procurement, and the charity's properties.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Line management of one Administrator and one Facilities Co-ordinator
* Supporting agile ways of working, making best use of and managing the charity's London office space, any other office space and remote working options
* Managing, coordinating, and planning office services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
* Responsibility for all Health & Safety requirements relating to staff and volunteer working environments, plus residents in all investment properties.
* Embedding a robust charity-wide procurement process with appropriate systems, tools and policies in place, including on-going training
* Managing day to day property matters for the charity's properties, including appointment and management of agents and advisors, sale processes, tenancies, landlord regulatory compliance, legal and other matters as they arise
* Effectively managing any budgetary or financial responsibility, embedding a culture of financial awareness and scrutiny
* Using the charity's resources efficiently and effectively to ensure that financial resources are demonstrably used for the benefit of the charity's service users
For this role, you will have the following:
* Working knowledge of health and safety requirements for workspaces including management of DSE, fire risk assessments, planned maintenance and pandemic controls
* Experience of leading, developing and managing high-quality support functions, including a central administrative team to deliver against a range of changing priorities
* Experience of managing a central procurement process and measuring value for money
* Experience of building, developing and managing supplier relationships, including managing outsourced services, ensuring development of clear briefs, value-for-money, achievement of results, compliance and commitment to the charity's values and goals
* Ability to manage a property portfolio including facilities management and compliance with landlord responsibilities
* Understanding of contracts and ability to work effectively with legal advisers to structure commercially sound agreements
A DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) or PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) check will be carried out for this role. This role will be based in the new London office.
I am reviewing CV's as and when I am receiving them so if you are keen to apply please do so today.
TPP are always keen to speak with candidates looking to work in the sector so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do check out our website www.tpp.co.uk and pop your CV over to us!
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.