£13.74 - 15.66 per hour + holiday pay
OS Temp Team
over 2 years ago
Facilities and Admin Officer - Temporary Full Time
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and confident administrator to work for a leading professional membership body as Facilities and Admin Officer. This is a full time, temporary role that has potential opportunity in the long term for successful candidates. The Facilities & Admin Officer fulfils an important function by taking charge of the day-to-day needs of a busy office and providing administrative support to the department. This is a “helicopter” role that will require the post holder to act as the office’s “front-of-house” and keep the day-to-day functions ticking over while also having the confidence and ability to operate at a higher level, for example by managing office-related contracts, negotiating with external suppliers, problem-solving and administrative support.
This position would suit a self-motivated and flexible individual who is able to manage competing demands on their time and who enjoys the challenge of supporting others in ensuring the smooth running of an organisation.
• Acting as first point of contact, undertaking "front of house" duties for face-face and telephone enquiries.
• Providing high quality support to colleagues by ensuring the office infrastructure is able to support them to achieve their objectives and communicating effectively with colleagues on a range of office and administrative matters.
• Co-ordinating all office stationery and supplies, and ensuring that there is adequate stock of essential items at all times.
• Ensuring that the office store room is tidy and well maintained.
• Co-ordinating the maintenance and day to day operations of all office equipment, including the PCs, photocopiers, printers, telecoms (mobile and fixed), fax, franking machine, kitchen equipment, recycling, coffee machines and water cooler.
• Co-ordinating the storage and retrieval of items to and from the off-site archives, and maintain an up to date record of all items archived/stored.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, including taking post to the local post office on a daily basis.
• Monitoring the Office Services budget, including logging all expenditure, checking invoices and ensuring spend is within budget.
• Sourcing new suppliers and re-negotiating existing contracts, as required.
• Liaising with the managing agent and landlord to facilitate effective facilities management;
• Developing guidance and procedures for office processes and ensuring all staff are clear about their own responsibilities in relation to the office.
• Co-ordinating health and safety, including ensuring that procedures and risk assessments are kept up to date, that there are a sufficient number of trained staff nominated as Fire Wardens and First Aid reps.
• Working with colleagues and security to ensure a secure environment.
• Ensure that new staff receive an induction on general office procedures and health and safety (training will be provided).
The role is paying between £13.74 and £15.66 per hour + holiday pay. Interested? Please do apply today!
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.