Manchester, Greater Manchester
Reasonable expenses will be covered
about 1 year ago
Vision Africa is seeking passionate, motivated and experienced fundraisers/business developers to join their innovative new Executive Development Board. As a member of this small group of dedicated volunteer professionals, you will make an invaluable contribution to the growth and success of a small but ambitious charity working to support vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people throughout Kenya.
As a member of our Executive Development Board you will contribute to the fundraising function of Vision Africa, helping us to raise more income to support our life-changing programmes in Kenya.
About Vision Africa
- Vision Africa is a Christian charity with branches in UK, USA and Kenya, which has supported vulnerable and disadvantaged children throughout Kenya since 2001.
- We equip and empower children and young people for a brighter future through Provision, Protection and Preparation, ensuring that they have the opportunity to fulfil their potential and make a difference in their families and communities.
- Working in partnership with local community organisations we currently support over 1800 children to build a brighter future.
- We don't patronise or pity the people we help. Instead, we empower them and offer them the support they need to do amazing things with their lives
- We are a small charity that works in a simple and effective way. Over 90% of your donation will go directly to the grassroots projects we support in rural communities in Kenya.
If you are looking for a way to share your passion for fundraising and development and have a bit of free time, Vision Africa would love to hear from you.
- You love what we are doing, you are genuinely interested, you are passionate about supporting children and young people in disadvantaged communities in Kenya.
- You are reliable and hardworking, you are autonomous.
- You have excellent written communication skills and experience in fundraising, sales or business development.
- You are interested in the development of Kenya and possibly visiting our projects in future to see the results of what we are doing.
- You are looking to expand your experience in the non-profit/international development sector and want to learn from a well-established, ambitious international NGO doing life-changing work in Kenya.
As a member of our Executive Development Board you will work closely with your dedicated team members, the Board of Trustees and the staff at Vision Africa to create and implement an ambitious fundraising strategy that will see our organisation grow in income and impact and will enable us to support more children and young people in Kenya. Specifically, we are looking for ambitious individuals with skills and experience in the following areas:
- Fundraising strategy
- Trust and foundation fundraising
- Digital fundraising
- Community fundraising and volunteer management
- Events management
- Major donors/high net worth individuals
- Individual giving
- Corporate partnerships and CSR
You will be individually responsible for:
- Giving enough time, thought and energy to your role as a member of our Executive Development Board and making use of your skills, experience and contacts
- Behaving with integrity and professionalism
- Acting as an effective representative and advocate for Vision Africa and our work
- Attendance at team meetings as required
- Leading or participating in particular projects, activities or areas of work
- Being an ambassador for Vision Africa - promoting us to your friends, family and colleagues.
- Engaging with and supporting our vision to Give a Child a Future.
This is a voluntary role, however reasonable expenses will be covered by the charity. We expect the Executive Development Board members to invest a reasonable amount of time into this role with a minimum being 3 working days a month.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Paula Alionyte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!