£0.00 - £21.98 per hour
8 days ago
To provide effective and efficient support to the Trustees and members of the organisation; administering Board and Committee meetings and producing high quality minutes; facilitating the recruitment and induction of new Trustees; ensuring compliance with regulatory reporting requirements. To provide high-level EA support to the Director of Finance and Planning and the Director of External Affairs, furthering the corporate and departmental objectives within these directorates and enabling the smooth running of team administration.
- Working with Trustees and the Chief Executive, ensure that the organisation has a highly effective and fully compliant set of governance arrangements
- Supporting compliance with the Charity Governance Code, the Charity Ethical Principles developed by NCVO, and the Department for Education Governance handbooks for academies, multi-academy trusts and maintained schools
- Taking the lead on administrative support for all Board and Committee meetings, including diary management, agenda drafting, minute-taking and any other practical arrangements required
- Acting as a key point of contact for the Trustees and enabling their active involvement with the organisation
- Facilitating Trustee recruitment and induction, ensuring all new Trustees are able to access the information and tools needed to work effectively
- Coordinating the ongoing development of the overall policy framework and ensuring that policies are in place and are adequate and regularly reviewed at an appropriate level
- Supporting the Company Secretary in ensuring that governance arrangements are conducted in accordance with the legal framework
- Working closely with the Education Governance and Compliance Officer to ensure best practice governance arrangements are in place at all of the educational settings.
- Supporting the clerks to the Governing Bodies to ensuring that a consistent quality approach is applied to governance across all education settings
- Work closely with other staff to ensure that pupils are entered for public examinations in liaison with the examinations officer
- Monitoring of complaints received and coordinating responses.
- Working with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that complaints are responded to in a timely manner and in accordance with relevant policies
Executive support to members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Providing executive support to two members of the ELT: the Director of Finance and Planning and the Director of External Affairs (other members of the ELT receive executive support elsewhere)
- Diary management, inbox monitoring, meeting preparations and briefings, note-taking, progress chasing, travel arrangements, preparation of letters and reports
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Director of Finance and Planning and the Director of External Affairs, including professional advisers; suppliers; sector bodies CEOs and Directors of other charities
- Advising on any potentially sensitive situations including taking the initiative to "troubleshoot" and resolve issues where possible
- Ensuring confidentiality and security of all sensitive information and advising the Director of Finance and Planning and the Director of External Affairs of any breaches
- Supporting procurement activity within the Finance and Planning and External Affairs directorates
- Providing ad hoc support to members of the Senior Management Team within the Finance and Planning and External Affairs directorates, recommending and implementing actions to ensure business continuity and high standards at key periods e.g. through staff changes, vacancies, high activity periods, periods involving risk or reputational issues
- Liaising with other EAs and directly with members of ELT in support of their objectives and priorities, providing cover where necessary
- Qualified by certification or experience in providing executive support to senior posts with multiple internal and external stakeholders, in a relevant setting
- Up to date knowledge of charity Commission and Department for Education regulatory environments
- Experience of supporting a busy senior management team to achieve ambitious targets and goals to respond to unexpected opportunities and tight deadlines
- Experience of briefing senior management on potentially serious issues and of troubleshooting and managing reputations and good relationships
- Experience of preparing reports and presentations for board meetings and for taking minutes of meetings
- Experience of observing confidentiality and security/data protection of information and maintaining high levels of discretion whilst party to sensitive information (concerning internal and external stakeholders)
- Ability to work without close supervision, to evaluate progress and to take the initiative to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience of drafting correspondence on behalf of senior staff and Trustees
- Experience of supporting procurements activities and budget management
If you are interested in applying, please reply to this email, attaching your CV and quoting the reference number in the subject line.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.