Up to £21.52 per hour
20 days ago
A world leading university is currently recruiting for an exceptional Events Officer, Graduation. This role is temporary until June for maternity cover. This is an exciting role that will play a key role in the Graduation Team, leading on the activities and arrangements relating to future ceremonies.
The ceremonies celebrate the achievements of outstanding students and staff as well as running to exact standards, with hospitality, high quality communications and complex logistical requirements.
The role will include liaising with the venue around ticketing, seating, live-streaming, and AV as well as liaising with others who play a key role. This can range from and include the senior leadership team, academics, the orchestra as well as the graduands themselves.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the team has successfully delivered virtual celebrations as an interim measure and is now delivering in-person graduation ceremonies again. However, the ongoing uncertainties mean that plans will continue to evolve.
- Manage and source suppliers for AV, live streaming and staging ensuring they are booked in ahead of time.
- Lead on the creation of seating plans, stage plans and stage directions for the ceremonies.
- Lead on the logistical planning for the ceremonies working closely with the venue for the ceremony.
- Manage the access requirements for graduands.
- Act as the main point of contact for all aspects of ceremony planning and provide professional and timely progress updates to those involved.
- Work closely with the Academic Service Team to ensure they are briefed with the arrangements for the ceremonies.
- Manage the relationship with the gowning company, ensuring the provision for online hiring of gowns is ready and working efficiently.
- Mange the relationship with the Alumni Relations Team, ensuring communication between the teams are clear.
- Assist with any enquiries coming in to the team from graduands or other stakeholders.
You will have:
- Previous administrative and/or events experience potentially within Higher Education, understanding the student journey and graduations.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced customer-focused service driven environment - over the phone and/or face to face.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to use your initiative and be a proactive team player.
- Experience of using databases and / or student record systems.
This role is hybrid but working from home until the end of January. You will be required to be on campus in London for a varied number of days a week depending on the requirements.
This is a great role for you if you are currently available and enjoy working within a team environment as well enjoy a face-to-face roles.
This role will also be fantastic for you if you have extensive experience working behind the scenes with events and hospitality but not necessarily within a Higher Education setting.
CVs will be shortlisted between 10th of January to 13th of January with interviews being held on the week commencing the 17th of January 2022.
Please send across your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title and reference number J76396RD if you would like to be considered for this great opportunity.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.