City of London, London
Up to £21.14 per hour + plus holiday pay
6 months ago
We are currently working with a well-known university in London who are looking for an interim Events Officer to support the central Institutions events teams.
The institutional events team programmes and organises a portfolio of events to connect the college with its many friends, audiences, and stakeholders. Events range from large scale events form graduation ceremonies to annual President's address to VIP visits.
The post holder will project manage and deliver high quality events; effectively managing the relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
The role is responsible for:
- Lead on the planning for individual events and events series
- Project manage and deliver a portfolio of events agreed with the event manager
- Create, running, and hosting online events in MS Teams and Zoom
- Ensure data is up to date, accurate and complete
- Create a budget for each event at the start of the planning process
- Lead post event debrief meetings
- Work in collaboration with events marketing and communications co-ordinator
- Source and manage suppliers
To be successful you will have:
- Proven experience of project managing and delivering VIP high-profile events
- Experience of delivering complex and special events
- Negotiating and achieving successful resolutions
- Working coherently with senior management and stakeholders
- Familiarity with large customer or membership databases ideally Raiser's Edge
- Demonstratable experience of using Excel including compiling and manipulating large quantities of data