over 3 years ago
The Events Intern will support the fundraising team to successfully deliver a number of important events, helping to raise vital funds, thank supporters and cultivate key relationships
The intern will gain a thorough understanding of the role of an events manager responsible for a wide variety of events. They will have the opportunity to assist throughout the event cycle, from marketing and promotion, to sending invites and recording RSVPs, communicating with guests, preparing event materials, sourcing staff and volunteers, assisting the event manager on the day, and ensuring all necessary follow ups are done.
- Interest in or experience of events management
- Willingness to get involved with a wide variety of activities and tasks
- Good time management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Understanding of the humanitarian/international development sector
- Experience of fundraising or events work for a UK charity
- Experience of using Salesforce and InDesign software
Location: 250a Kennington Lane, London SE11 5RD.
Working days: 2-3 per week (Flexible)
Duration: 6 months (Flexible)
Expenses: Lunch and local travel expenses covered.
Closing date: 18 September 2015
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For the full job descritpion, please visit http://www.redr.org.uk/en/jobs/Volunteer.cfm
To apply for the role, please email your CV and a covering letter, demonstrating your reasons for applying and suitability for the role, to email@example.com. Please note that we may contact suitable applicants before the closing date.