about 2 months ago
ActionAid works for a world where the most vulnerable and forgotten can become valued and powerful.
Our top priority is to end the inequality that keeps women and girls locked in poverty, and to restore the rights denied them from birth.
We want to see women and girls out of danger, out of poverty and on track to create the future they want.
Are you keen to pursue a career in Fundraising? ActionAid has an amazing opportunity to come and volunteer as part of our Events & Community Engagement team.
This is an ambitious and busy team whose target is to raise £1.17 million in 2018. We will do this by promoting a varied portfolio of fundraising events; as well as supporting fundraisers undertaking their own fundraising, inspiring them to maximise their fundraising potential; and exploring new partnerships. We work with individuals, schools, community groups and companies.
The role is varied and gives you the opportunity to learn all about events and community fundraising; gaining experience in marketing, research, event logistics and administration.
We are looking for someone with:
- An interest in ActionAid's work and pursuing a career in fundraising
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and creativity, with the ability to think outside the box
- A desire to learn new skills
It would be great if someone could join us for 3 to 6 months, on 2 to 3 days a week but we are happy to consider candidates who are available for shorter periods.
How we can support you:
- Travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed
- You will receive thorough inductions on the work of ActionAid
- You will have training to enable you to complete all relevant tasks
- You will have opportunities to get involved further with our work depending on where your interests lie
This is a great opportunity to gain experience within an international charity and develop your existing skills and learn new ones in a dynamic, fast paced and ambitious team. If this sounds like you, then please apply through the following link https://www.actionaid.org.uk/jobs/volunteering/events-community-engagement-volunteer