£30122.00 - £34920.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
TPP are proud to be working with a Membership Association that have over 10,000 members. They work to improve and advance patient care and promote and support education and research.
They have an exciting opportunity for an Events Administrator to join the team.
Do you have a minimum of two years working within an Events role and hold strong administration skills? Have you worked within the not for profit sector? Are you able to take the lead and work on your own initiative as well as being a good team player?
The purpose of this role:
To provide efficient and comprehensive administrative support within the educational events team of the Association. To assist in all aspects of logistics of event management and to lead on the organisation of the seminars programme which are currently held online. It is anticipated that the Association will offer hybrid seminars in the future. The post holder must ensure the seminars run smoothly and efficiently within budgetary constraints whilst maintaining a high level of delegate satisfaction.
Some of the responsibilities include:
* To lead on, with guidance from the events manager, all seminar programme activities to ensure KPIs are met. The format of which maybe online, hybrid or in-person.
* To provide full administrative support for all logistics and co-ordination of all meetings, webinars and seminars with particular attention to quality, deadlines and accuracy.
* Able to make decisions with respect to prioritising workloads, dealing with members queries relating to events and financial decisions that are within agreed budgets.
1. To contribute to the educational objectives set out in the department and the 3-5 year strategy.
2. To work with the educational events manager in developing seminar/meeting targets/KPIs and pricing policies to ensure seminars/meetings are priced appropriately.
3. To work with the board lead for seminars and education working group to continually keep the seminar programme innovative and fresh, in terms of topics and format.
4. To be a proficient user of the new CRM and be part of future proofing the CRM through testing further updates and engaging with the core working party on further upgrades.
5. To be fully responsible for the end to end management and running of online seminars and to help run online core topics.
1. To lead on the seminars programme proactively ensuring set KPIs are achieved. This will be done by forward planning to ensure the seminars are booked in the calendar of events in a timely manner to ensure maximum lead times for marketing of the seminars programme. Avoiding where possible conflicts in the seminars programme with other Association events and other society/organisations events that may be in direct competition.
2. To be responsible for all organiser, speaker, exhibitor and delegate management for seminars making sure all requirements are accurately recorded and that their needs are met before, during and after the seminar.
3. Should the seminar take place online: setup and run any online seminar or webinar in our webinar software (currently Go to Webinar and Zoom)
4. To work with the facilities team in organising requirements for all internal educational meetings, to include room layout, catering and audiovisual.
5. To organise travel and accommodation for faculty as advised.
6. To help prepare delegate, speaker and exhibitor materials for meetings and seminars.
7. To undertake all delegate correspondence, sharing responsibility to monitor and take ownership of the general events inbox. To deal with initial enquiries, to confirm bookings and to process cancellations and ensure queries are resolved prior to the meetings.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Educated to A level or equivalent.
* Well organised with ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively with strong time-management skills.
* Experience in running online events. Using Go to Webinar or Zoom would be desirable
* Capable of remaining calm under pressure and working to deadlines.
* Confidence to use own initiative and manage own workload, anticipating and proactively solving important issues.
* Sound administrative skills and proven administration experience in a busy, customer-focused environment.
* Experience working in a medical or association sector desirable but not essential.
* Good oral and written communication skills and an excellent telephone manner.
* Quick to learn with particular attention to detail, quality and set deadlines.
* Enthusiastic and able to work as part of a team
* Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and effective use of the internet.
* Experience of flexible working with ability to vary work patterns and prioritise tasks to meet the changing needs of the business as and when required.
* Presentable and confident communicating with people at all levels while maintaining a high standard of diplomacy and professionalism.
* Able to recognise the need for discretion and confidentiality at all times.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, council, members and external contacts.
If this exciting opportunity is of interest please get in touch ASAP
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.