Up to £21715 per annum
2 months ago
Our client a research and information health charity are seeking a motivated events assistant to support over a busy period next year.
You will be part of the team delivering an outstanding event, you will be supporting the planning and logistics of the event as well as assisting the team to deliver its ambitious fundraising target. You will be reporting into the Event Manager.
Seeking someone who is a good all-rounder and happy not to be bound or limited by responsibilities set out in this job description. We are a small team delivering the event therefore everyone in the team will be required to be flexible to turn their hand to whatever is needed to be done to deliver a successful event.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Providing excellent fundraising support to the team of 2,000 dedicated runners via email, phone and social media;
- Supporting with the management of 175+ charity partners;
- Assisting the team with helpdesk support for event and charity runners;
- Supporting with organising of event day, including cheer points, route activations and post-race party for our runners. This will include obtaining gift in kind, sourcing food, creating signage and on the day plans and liaising with suppliers;
- Support with recruiting and stewarding a large team of volunteers to help deliver the event;
- Support the team with additional ad hoc tasks.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A Degree;
- Great organisational skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent research skills
- Must have a strong and confident telephone manner
Role: Events Assistant
Location: City of London
Employment Type: Contract - 4 months
Salary/rate: £21,715pa (pra-rata)
Working hours: 35pw