about 2 months ago
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
ConnectionHub is looking for an Entrepreneur Mentor to leverage their knowledge and experience by providing advice, counsel, network contacts and cultural know-how, together with ongoing encouragement. The Entrepreneur Mentor will assist our Refugees students who have a concept or idea for a business by helping them make it a deliverable reality. It is not essential for the entrepreneur to understand every aspect of the business world, and so the skilled mentor will give them knowledge in areas where they need good understanding in order to turn their concept or idea into a reality.
- Engage with mentees to agree how mentoring could support their prospective or existing concept or idea.
- Agree a programme of mentoring activity that best meets the needs of their mentee.
- Encourage their mentee to express and discuss their ideas, concerns and understanding of the challenges facing them.
- Help mentees to review their progress and set realistic and practical options to realise their goals.
- Help mentees to reflect on and learn from things that did not turn out as expected.
- Refer mentees to other sources of information, advice or further support when appropriate.
- Encourage mentees to take responsibility for their own decisions, plans and actions.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of mentee contact.
- Experience of starting an own business, programme or project.
- Successful hands-on professional expertise in key business areas including marketing, sales, law, finance/accounting, HR, IT, customer service, research, imports/exports.
- Excellent communication skills to include active listening and personal presentation skills.
- Be emotionally resilient and be able to work in a challenging environment.
- Respect the mentee's need for information, commitment and confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of how a business works (essential enterprise know-how).
- The mentoring relationship and the importance of using the most effective communication methods to create a productive mentoring environment.
- Understand the legislative framework for new business start-ups.
- You will be able to understand and deal with cultural and gender differences and be sensitive to these differences.
All Entrepreneur Mentors are required to have a valid Enhanced DBS certificate. We accept existing valid Enhanced DBS certificates that the candidates have.
Please email us at email@example.com for a volunteer form to be completed and sent by email alongside your most recent CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.