City of London
Up to £34542.00 per annum + Aditional benefits
about 1 month ago
We have a fantastic opportunity to work with a prestigious Academy who work alongside some of the best Engineers in the world to create a sustainable society and inclusive economy that works for everyone
They are looking to appoint an Education and Skills Policy Advisor to carry out policy activity, specifically within education and skills to strengthen the Academy's strategic aims. You will be integral in leading on key policy projects. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders across education, industry and government as well as with Academy Fellows and staff
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work for an organisation whose work shapes the future for us all through engineering
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- As Education and Skills Policy Advisor, you will identify and deliver policy projects to time, on budget and to high quality. promote and communicate the Academy's policy position on them
- You will promote and communicate the Academy's policy position on them, ensuring the right audiences are being targeted.
- To draft and deliver articles and presentations and to engage in Committee meetings.
- Develop and take ownership of the policy brief on distinct areas in both engineering education and engineering workforce skills, articulating and presenting it both internally and externally
- Work collaboratively with teams across the Academy, in particularly with Diversity and Inclusion, Research and Innovation and the National Engineering Policy Centre on pan-Academy projects
Your experience will include:
- Ideally you will have knowledge of issues related to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Experience in a public policy environment and ideally of UK education and/or skills policy
- As the Education and Skills Policy Advisor, you will have strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate complex issues
- Experience of managing policy or projects from development through to implementation
- You will be able to demonstrate a proven record of managing policy or projects from development through to implementation
This is a great organisation to work for who offer excellent benefits such as additional company-wide wellbeing holidays, a friendly, progressive environment where you will have the opportunity to be creative and have a big input in key strategic decision making.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send through your CV and a 400-500 work supporting statement.
We will be shortlisting candidates for interview in the week ending 14th of Jan 2022 and then interviews will be held shortly after.
We look forward to hearing from you
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.