City of London
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Are you an Editorial Lead looking for new opportunities?
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a newly merged organisation within the built environment sector.
The organisation has been formed from the merger between two of the largest and longest established organisations. With more than 2000 members, they are the largest, most comprehensive supply chain body in the UK, spanning from sawmill to specifier and all points in between.
This new organisations aims will be capitalise on the growing interest in designing with timber and to act as a positive agent of change towards more sustainable, low carbon forms of construction.
They aim to provide their members and the wider market with the highest quality information, technical guidance and training to safely specify and design the timber structures of tomorrow, and create lower-carbon, higher quality, healthier and safer buildings.
They are looking to appoint an Editorial Lead who will be dedicated to inspiring and informing best practice design, specification and use of wood in the built environment and related fields.
As the Editorial Lead, your role will be to oversee and manage all aspects of publications, right from their design through to the delivery. This role will include commissioning from and working closely with external providers to ensure the delivery of high-quality content which you will edit and proofread to ensure consistent style, and an authoritative and engaging voice.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage and edit a monthly digital magazine for the organisations UK members.
- Commission and deliver technical publications and guidance working together with internal and external stakeholders and experts.
- Manage timelines and workloads to ensure a steady stream of content which meets the needs of the business.
- Write, edit, and proofread content for all publications for multiple channels
- Manage and maintain a broad, well-structured, and effective publications library for all members.
- Provide additional website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed.
- Work together with the communications and marketing team to ensure publications are able to effectively reach their target audiences.
Your experience will include
- Ideally you will have a proven track record and experience in a senior communications or editorial position
- Experience and interest in architecture, engineering, construction or design
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
This is an exciting time for timber as it is now recognised as one of the key materials to move us towards a low carbon future in construction. We will be acting pro-actively as an agent of change to drive that transition and want to attract people who also buy into that vision.
The organisation has a good support package of pension/health care and try to foster a very inclusive team culture and ethos. Although some staff work alone in different parts of the country nobody should feel isolated or unsupported, they work as a team to solve any problems arising and to deliver their goals.
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV along with a 600-700 word supporting statement, ensuring that you highlight how your skills and experience relate to the responsibilities listed above and why you would like to work within the sustainable, built environment sector
Applications will close on the 11th of March and shortlisting will take place on the week commencing 7th of March. There will be a 2 stage interview process with the 1st interview being an informal chat with the line manager and if successful, you will be invited for a 2nd more formal interview where there will be a set task to complete prior to the interview.
We look forward to receiving your application
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.